THINK HOME SEMINAR
18th June 2022 - online
"I am returning home from Germany - how will I fit back into my home culture?"
"I have changed while I was away - how will my family and friends react to me?"
Before returning to your home country, you may ask yourself these or similar questions.
This seminar is designed to help you as an international student
- to reflect and share about how you have changed while living in Germany
- to prepare for your arrival at home and possible reactions from others
- to prepare for Reverse Culture Shock
- to develop strategies for your adaptation and reintegration, and for your career start
This seminar will be quite interactive. The program includes:
- phases of reflection (individually and in groups)
- small group tasks, polls, etc.
- the opportunity to ask questions about your return
- the sharing of experiences by others who have gone through re-entry
There will be a space provided to talk about your hopes and fears associated with your return. Some of you may be thinking about a changed family situation back home, others about their career start. For some of you, your worldview and/or values may have changed while in Germany. Maybe your previous beliefs are less important to you now, or you have decided to follow Jesus and are now asking yourself how that affects your re-entry and life back home. There will be a space for discussing these and other questions in small groups. No matter what your worldview or religious affiliation is, you are very welcome to join this seminar.
Language: This seminar will be held in English.
Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
Time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (with possibility of asking individual questions afterwards)
Facilitators: Katrin Steinbauer, Ahlke Spies, Trainer-advisors for international students
Preparation: After registering you will receive a confirmation email. About a week before the workshop you will receive a questionnaire and a short worksheet for your individual preparation. Completing these before the seminar will help you to get the most from this seminar.
Social Media Content
You can use and share this image on social media. You are welcome to also invite your friends to our Think Home seminar. We are looking forward to it!